phpMyBackupPro: No simpler backup for MySQL
phpMyBackupPro is a utility which supposedly makes it easier to backup a MySQL database. The featureset includes
- backup of one or several databases with or without data, table structure, ...
- three types of compression (no compression, gzip or zip)
- scheduled backups (by a small PHP script which must be included in an existing PHP script)
- interface for managment of the backups (viewing, restoring, downloading, deleting)
- backup directly onto FTP server and sending of backups by email
- platform independent - only webserver and PHP needed to run e.g. on MS Windows, Linux or Mac
- shell mode (to use manually or by cron script)
- backup of whole file directories (on a FTP server).
- backup databases from different accounts on several MySQL servers
- one installation can be used for all MySQL users of one MySQL server (used by webhosters)
- highest security through two alternative login methods (HTTP or HTML authentication)
- easy to use interface and very easy to install
- several language packages available
- online help (included in pMBP) and FAQ on this website
While it's pretty simple to backup a MySQL database
mysqldump dbname >dbname.sql
the other features are good for administrative purposes.